Assisted Outpatient Treatment
1770 Ellis Ave
Jackson, MS 39204
Hinds Behavioral Health Services Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) offers individuals with serious mental illness (SMI) and their families who have been ordered through the civil court system to receive outpatient treatment within Hinds County the ability to improve their health and social outcome. AOT delivers evidence-based practices to reduce the incidence and duration of psychiatric hospitalizations, homelessness, incarcerations, and interactions with the criminal justice system.
AOT Service Provided:
- Standardized Screenings and Assessments
- Evidenced Based Practices
- Person-Centered Treatment
- Peer and Family Supports
- Recovery Coaching
- 24 Hour Access
- Collaboration with Court System
- Court-ordered through the civil court process, or conversion from inpatient to outpatient civil commitment
- At least 18 years of age, with persistent SMI
- Extensive history of medication/treatment noncompliance
- Has the capacity to participate in treatment and assist with the development of their treatment plan
- Able to participate in an outpatient setting safely
- Cannot be an imminent risk of a medical emergency/crisis
- Does not meet exclusion criteria – sole or primary diagnosis of substance use disorder, mental retardation, brain injury, or Axis II disorders
- Does not have a primary diagnosis including, but not limited to substance use disorder, IDD, and/or brain injury.
If you believe someone needs to receive Assisted Outpatient Treatment you may file an affidavit, a legal document with the clerk of the Hinds County Chancery Court. A judge will make a decision based on all the evidence presented as to whether outpatient mental health treatment is necessary.
1750 Ellis Ave
Jackson, MS 39204