- This event has passed.
Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) 40-Hour Law Enforcement Training Program
March 25, 2019 @ 8:00 am - March 29, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Help better serve those with mental illness! Become a CIT Officer! The CIT Law Enforcement Training Program is available and free for any full-time law enforcement officers located within Hinds County, MS.
CIT Training Goals:
- Ensure the safety of officers and civilians;
- Increase officer understanding of mental illness;
- Improve relationships with the community, particularly with mental health professionals, people with mental illness, and family members.
- Qualifications: Training will only be provided for full-time certified law enforcement officers with a minimum of one-year law enforcement experience
- Each participant must attend the full 40 hours of training to graduate and receive CIT certification. The class will start promptly at 8:00 a.m. and dismiss at 5:00 p.m. daily.
**Participants will be registered only after the completed registration form is received. A wait-list will be created for registrations received after the class is full. Participants will be notified as to the status of their registration (registered for the class or added to the wait-list).
REGISTER HERE CIT March Registration