Hinds Behavioral Health Services’ NAVIGATE program is a specialized system of coordinated care for adolescents and young adults (ages 15–30) who have experienced the first episode of psychosis. The evidence-based practices and support system focus on strengthening abilities, recovery from the impact of symptoms associated with mental illness, and resiliency at home, school, work, and in the community.
- Adolescents and adults age 15-30 with the following diagnoses: schizophrenia, schizoaffective and schizophreniform disorders, psychosis not otherwise specified (NOS), schizotypal, bipolar, or post-traumatic disorder.
- Individuals who have developed symptoms of psychosis for more than one week but less than two years.
- Psychotic symptoms cannot be caused by a medical condition or drug use.
- Resiliency training and employment support
- Medication management
- Family support and education
- Peer Support and Case Management
- Monitor symptoms and prevent relapse
- Increase coping skills and reduce stress
- Achieve goals and improve social skills