Outpatient Psychiatry & Therapeutic Services
Hinds Behavioral Health Services provides outpatient therapeutic and crisis services to Hinds County children and youth ages 4-18 who are experiencing emotional and behavioral problems. Our services are provided by psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, nurses, therapists, and case managers.
Children and Youth Services
- Screenings to determine the need for mental health-related treatment and/or linkage to appropriate services
- Family Therapy and Counseling
- Group Therapy and Counseling
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Medication Evaluation (medications are not prescribed to children under age 5)
- NAVIGATE, treatment for newly diagnosed psychosis (age 15-30)
- Crisis Intervention
- Children and Youth Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Community Support Services
- Parenting Classes
- Routine Drug Screening
- School-Based Services (grade K-12)
- Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program for Substance Use (age 12-18)
- NFusion Metro, Youth Program (age 0-26)
- Juvenile Justice, Detention Center Service
You do not need a referral to receive our services but referrals are welcome. If you would like to refer a child please complete a Children and Youth Referral form.
An evaluation will be conducted upon your first visit to determine if mental health services are appropriate for your child. You may complete a Children and Youth Assessment form prior to your visit to help us understand the symptoms and behaviors that you have witnessed over the past 6 months.
During your first intake visit to HBHS you will be asked to provide:
- An Insurance Card
- Parent’s Photo ID
- Guardianship Paperwork (if needed)
- Social Security Card
- Any Current Medications
During your first doctor appointment at HBHS you will be asked to provide:
- Any medical or recent hospital discharge paperwork as needed
ACCU Reference Medical Lab will provide an on-site screening during every HBHS appointment to help with medication management.
Children and youth who have emotional or behavioral issues can receive Hinds Behavioral Health Services therapeutic services in their home, school, community, at our main office, or within a juvenile detention center. Our therapy and programs provide children with the tools to understand their emotions and control their behaviors. We work closely with families, guardians, medical staff, school administration, teachers, and other agencies to implement the best treatment plan and ensure that the child’s needs are met.
Some of the behavioral and mental health issues we treat include:
- Behavioral problems and hyperactivity
- Frequent classroom disruption and inattention
- Mood disturbances, anger, anxiety, and depression
- Family problems
- Life transitions
- Drug and alcohol use
- Severe mental illness
Hinds Behavioral Health Services case managers and therapists visit local public and private schools to provide counseling and therapy when behavioral issues occur during school hours and to help provide consistent convenient therapeutic services to children and their family. We work with school staff to create student mental wellness and help children reach their best academic performance through self-awareness.
Get In Touch
Call us to schedule an appointment for your child