Program of Assertive Community Treatment
Hinds Behavioral Health Services Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) is a team approach to providing comprehensive, community-based psychiatric treatment, rehabilitation, and support to people with severe mental illness. PACT teams are mobile, providing convenient and consistent care to individuals in a community-based or home setting at least three times per week. A PACT team including a Nurse Practitioner, Employment Specialist, Therapist, Registered Nurse, Substance Abuse Specialist, and Certified Peer Support Specialist will help tailor a rehabilitation and recovery focused treatment plan to an individual’s goals.
- Adults living in Hinds, Rankin, or Madison county
- Severe and persistent mental illness (schizophrenia, other psychotic disorders & bipolar disorder)
- Multiple psychiatric hospitalizations or emergency psychiatric services in the same year
- Significant functional impairments, such as difficulty with practical daily living tasks, vocational impairment, and housing instability
- Qualifying populations: difficulty using “traditional office-based” outpatient services due to debilitating and on-going symptoms, co-existing substance abuse disorder, high risk of criminality or recent criminal justice history, and/or significant difficulty meeting basic survival/self-care needs.
- Non-qualifying populations: primary substance abuse disorder, brain injury, intellectual disability, or other Axis II disorders.
PACT Referral Process
- COMPLETE PACT REFERRAL FORM
- HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS: provide the individual’s last history and physical (or psychiatric evaluation), psychosocial assessment, and three (3) most recent progress notes.
- INPATIENT CARE PROVIDERS: allow time prior to discharge for a required face-to-face pre-screening.
1770 Ellis Ave
Jackson, MS 39204
Get In Touch
Get started with our Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) program