Intensive Community Outreach and Recovery Team
4715 Methodist Home Rd
Jackson, MS 39213
Hinds Behavioral Health Services Intensive Community Outreach and Recovery Team (I-CORT) is a recovery and resiliency-oriented, intensive, community-based rehabilitation, and outreach service for adults living with a persistent mental illness in rural areas. I-CORT is a mobile medical team, providing convenient and consistent care to individuals in a community-based or home setting two times per week. A Registered Nurse, Mental Health Therapist, Certified Peer Support Specialist, and other staff deliver mental health services face-to-face or by phone or video conferencing.
- Adults living in rural locations within Hinds County, MS (Clinton, Utica, Raymond, Terry, Bolton, Edwards, & Byram)
- Severe and persistent mental illness (schizophrenia, other psychotic disorders & bipolar disorder)
- Multiple psychiatric hospitalizations or emergency psychiatric services in the same year
- Significant functional impairments, such as difficulty with practical daily living tasks, vocational impairment, and housing instability
- Qualifying populations: difficulty using “traditional office-based” outpatient services due to debilitating and ongoing symptoms, resident of an inpatient or supervised living community, co-existing substance abuse disorder, high risk of criminality or recent criminal justice history, and/or significant difficulty meeting basic survival/self-care needs.
- Non-qualifying populations: primary substance abuse disorder, brain injury, intellectual disability, or other Axis II disorders.
- Individual mental health therapy & supportive counseling
- Recovery/resiliency support & symptom management
- Medication administration/monitoring
- General healthcare treatment
- Social/hygiene skills training
- Budgeting skills & leisure time activities
- 24-hour on-call crisis response
I-CORT Referral Process
- COMPLETE I-CORT REFERRAL FORM
- HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS: provide the individual’s last history and physical (or psychiatric evaluation), psychosocial assessment, and three (3) most recent progress notes.
- INPATIENT CARE PROVIDERS: allow time before discharge for a required face-to-face pre-screening.
4715 Methodist Home Road
Jackson, MS 39213
Get In Touch
Get started with our I-CORT program